Terms: Permanent Position
Annual Salary Range: $90,000 - $120,000
As part of the rail operations/simulation team, you will work with both real-world data and outputs from rail simulation models. You will be responsible for helping the rail operations/simulation engineers visualize the data, generate and analyze statistics, and transform datasets to integrate various legacy and future rail systems.
- Use Advanced Excel capabilities, including pivot tables, lookups, complex formulas and graphing to streamline data analysis for smaller datasets
- Use VBA to write extensive Excel scripts to do data transformation and visualization
- Use Python to write effective, reusable, testable, efficient, and scalable code for larger data sets
- Use Numpy and MatPlotLib to do large scale analysis and generate velocity-distance heatmaps
- Integrate user-facing elements into applications
- Coordinate with team members to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions for data transformation applications
- Use development best practices, and appropriate patterns to develop software solutions
- Create and maintain technical documentation and instructions for all applications
- Test and debug programs
- Improve functionality of existing systems
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices and established standards are in use
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other degree providing programming experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in programming and developing utility tool scalable to larger data sets
- Proficiency in MS Excel [advanced] and Word
- Extensive Excel VBA experience required
- Python experience
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be proactive in researching solutions
- Ability to balance scope, quality and deadline targets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Extensive health benefits plan, bonus and profit sharing opportunities.
Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Citizens and/or permanent residents of Canada only.
Please send CVs to [email protected]