Terms: Permanent Position
Annual Salary Range: $100,000 - $130,000
Boxfish Infrastructure Group (BIG) is seeking an experienced Rail Modeling & Operations Analystto use industry software to model rail networks and perform operational analysis for LRT, subway, commuter rail and intercity networks. The candidate should be familiar with operational analysis, train scheduling and understand multiple disciplines and how they impact rail operations. The candidate should be able to work collaboratively in a fluid environment within and outside train companies, government agencies and other third parties under tight timelines. The candidate must be detail-oriented, with strong quality assurance and version control skills.
- Responsible for modelling and simulating rail networks using industry and best practice standards
- Participates in a variety of rail network analyses, studies, computer simulation model development or modification, and technical report generation addressing a wide range of operating, infrastructure and performance issues
- Perform engineering tasks to define and validate system requirements
- Perform operational analysis and rail network design
- Validate system requirements through operational analysis and rail network planning
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline such as engineering, transportation planning or similar field is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in rail operations analysis, rail network planning and rail network simulation
- Experience in OpenTrack, Rail Traffic Controller (RTC), or equivalent rail network simulation software
- Experience in modelling and analyzing rail networks using industry and best practice standards
- Diverse experience of modelling and analyzing various rail networks (light rail, commuter, freight etc.) beneficial
- Understanding of train control and/or traction power system functionality a definite asset
- Interest in rail operations and system optimization strategies
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.
Extensive health benefits plan, bonus and profit sharing opportunities.
Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Citizens and/or permanent residents of Canada only.
Please send CVs to [email protected]